Daisypath Wedding tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

In Like a Lamb

Well, it wasn't exactly the fireworks and popping champagne corks that I had anticipated, but it looks like we're getting the house.  The issue with the air conditioner hasn't been totally resolved.  What we do have at this point, is a contract that says the owner will fix it before we close.   If, for some reason, the air conditioner can't be fixed and has to be replaced instead, we can still back out of the contract at that point without penalty.

I'm really hoping that doesn't happen. Especially since I've started packing. 

As far as wedding plans go, I'm feeling optimistic for late June.  We had originally ruled it out because the house we thought we were going to buy needed quite a bit of work.  At that time, we felt like June would really be pushing it and August was more reasonable. This house needs a lot less to make it livable (Let me rephrase that. The house is completely livable, if you like living in the 80's. I do not.  So it needs some updating.)

I would like to be clear that I said "I" am feeling optimistic for late June. Future Husband, apparently, isn't quite there yet.  When I delicately mentioned the possibility of maybe thinking about having the wedding in June, I got some sort of grumble about "stress" and "time" and I think I heard something about "nervous breakdown" as he exited the room. 

Here are my reasons for being so pushy about a June wedding:

1. I really want to get married in June.
2. Texas is really f-ing hot in August. I want our guests to be comfortable, not miserable. 
3. My BFF is a teacher in another city and August would be a hard time for her to travel, since she goes back to work mid-month.
4. Future Husband's cousin is getting married end of July.  Since a good bit of our guest lists will overlap, I want to give people time to recoup before traveling again.
5. I really want to get married in June.  I tried to be okay with another month, but there's just something about June....
6. I'm really ready to be married already!
7. The sooner we get married, the sooner we can take a honeymoon.  This last year has been pretty busy and stressful.  We could use a vacation.
8. June is a lovely month to be married.....

Besides, don't all weddings have at least one good nervous breakdown?