Daisypath Wedding tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

We Have Pie!

And not a moment too soon, if you ask me. I was starting to really wonder if there would be any food at this wedding at all.  The sweet little lady that sits outside the general store and sells baked goods has agreed to make ten pies for our wedding reception.  All that leaves to get ready are the drinks and maybe some fruit trays to round out the food table.  Totally doable. 

Last week I made a trip to my local grocery for some barbecuing supplies, and I took a lap through the flower department.  Lo and behold, I was impressed.  They had a nice assortment of really lovely, bright, reasonably priced bouquets. Just the sort I'd been looking for, in fact. Why had I not noticed this before?  Or, a better question would be, why did I overlook the grocery store that's five minutes away?  The woman working in the floral department was incredibly nice and helpful, and when I asked what would be available in a few weeks she was very reassuring that I could get the same assortments.  She said making a hand-tied bouquet for me would be no problem and they could do a simple one in the neighborhood of $20.  Twenty dollars! The people at Central Market wanted $65 just to talk about it....

Having those two details taken care of feels really good.  People will eat, I'll have something to hold on to.  The other big things we took care of this last week were finding My Love's suit and ordering our rings.  We found the suit Monday night on a marathon trip from mall to mall to mall, and in the end all our trouble paid off, because he got the whole thing for $80.  That's unheard of for a suit. I'd fully expected to blow the better half of the budget on his outfit.  He still needs some accessories, but that part is easy.  The rings we found online, from the comfort of our own home.  His is here, and absolutely perfect. Mine is in transit. 

We have 23 days to go, and so far, have only spent a little more than half our budget.  Can you believe it?  My little calculator thingy on theknot.com says we have just under $500 left to spend.  Which is good, because we still need to pay for those pies and flowers,  buy some beer and wine, get the marriage license......