Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Almost a Mrs.

I'm sure you've all probably been wondering what I've been up to. Well, worry  no further, my minions.  All is well in the land of SoontobeWed.  We've just been very, very busy.  First, a weekend on the coast to unwind in the sand and surf.  Ahh, it's good to be a mom and command at least one day of total worship and appreciation.  See how he hard he works to make me feel appreciated?  He didn't even expect me to clean or cook that thing.

.

Then, back to reality where I wrapped up the semester and handed in my final papers.  Woot! Feels really good to have that done.  And then, holy crap, I'm getting married in THIRTY EIGHT DAYS so I'd better get moving.

Things are definitely starting to look up since my last post.

The shoes that didn't fit have been returned, and a cuter pair arrived a few days ago.  I didn't think it was possible, but I found shoes I love even more.  They are so adorable I sometimes confuse them with candy and want to take a bite.  I stashed them in the box on the top shelf, because walking down the aisle with teeth marks in my shoes would be weird.

The wedding invitations are done and mailed. Thank you, to the lovely and talented Mrs. Tuck.

The pies, well, I'm still working on the pies.  I left a message with a local 'pie lady' and I'm paaaatiently waiting to hear back.  (taptaptaptaptap)

We have a field trip to a farm planned for Saturday morning to go (hopefully) make arrangements for flowers.  The rest of the weekend is allotted for suit and ring shopping.

Tomorrow is Girl's Night and we'll be assembling favors.

The photographer has been coerced, er, confirmed.  We are so very, very lucky to have such talented and generous friends!

We met with another one of our dear friends (see above, about luckiness) who will officiate and have started a draft of the ceremony and vows. 

And so it goes.  Little by little, we're making it happen.