Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

In the beginning.......

there was a ring. And that magical, life changing question. There were tears, and congratulations, and champagne and Facebook updating. Followed shortly by the record scratch of reality as we came crashing back to earth when someone said "So. When is the big day?"

Oh right. That. The Big Day. It's called a 'big day' because allegedly it is the most important day of your life, the day you join hands and hearts and commit to thick and thin and sickness and health.  It's not called The Expensive Day, and I think that's for a reason.

So I've decided to propose (tee hee) a challenge to myself. My mission, if I choose to accept it, is to plan a wedding, with guests and flowers and a dress and cake and all the adornments, for $1,000. Think I can do it?

So, in brief, the who, what, when, where, and why are:

Who: Me, thirtysomething bride to be

What: a wedding with flair on a budget that won't break the bank

When: I'll have to get back to you on that

Where: ditto

Why: Because I like a challenge. Because we're in our thirties and it seems silly to expect financial help from our families.  Because I'm practical and reasonable and feel like the 'average' wedding setting you back twenty grand or more isn't for us. Because, let's be honest, we'd rather drop the big dough on the honeymoon.