Daisypath Wedding tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

Time Is(n't) On My Side....

It's been twelve days since my last post and I have no idea where the time went.  If our wedding day sneaks up on me this quickly we are in big, big trouble.  I'm picturing slapping some makeup on, a box of cookies and some juice boxes for the kids.  You know, the stuff nightmares are made of. 

In my last post I may have understated how much we'd accomplished on the remodeling front just a wee bit.  Like, did I mention the two bathrooms we still had to totally renovate?  My Future Father in Law came (and has been here for two weeks now) to retile, regrout, retoilet, remove and redo the master bath.



Before                                                                                           After                                                                               


Once that was accomplished, he retiled the floor of the other bath, regrouted the shower and ripped out the sink cabinet and replaced it with a pedestal sink.

Before                                                                                                                     After













 Let me first say I don't have room to complain.  About anything.  We are extremely lucky to have such a generous man in our lives who is so completely willing to come and give up his time and energy to do the remodeling for us.  If left to our own devices it either wouldn't happen or would take years to accomplish.  I will be eternally grateful to him for all his hard work.  That said, living in a construction zone isn't easy. Keeping the Wee One out of the way, out of the tools and out of the buckets of gunk is tiring.  The weather hasn't helped because it's keeping us inside most of the time and as if that wasn't enough, due to some car trouble, we're kinda stranded at the house.  Anyone that knows me knows that I don't tolerate messes very well.  Let's just say the last couple of weeks, between the weather and the renovating, the state of my floors has been enough to push me to the brink. But what can I do?  Nothing. Knowing it's futile to do anything about it until it's done just gives me something to wring my hands over. (At the time of this posting, the FFIL has left, and I vacuumed up the first layer of crud. Hooray!)

So instead of wringing my hands uselessly, I'm updating my minions.  Only, I don't have much to update about. I'm thinking about invitations.  I'm thinking about food.  I'm thinking about a suit and flowers and starting to really, really seriously get kinda freaked out that the wedding is happening in roughly 10 weeks.  Oh yeah, did I mention we set a date?  The last Saturday of June, the 26th.  We're committed, and I think I'm overwhelmed.  My inner dialogue lately has been "I can do this. How hard can it be?  All I need is to find some catering we can afford, get The Mister a suit and figure out some flowers. We're practically done!"  And then I think oh wait. We need an officiant.  And a wedding license.  And maybe some rings.  And I should block out some hotel rooms.  Should I do a save the date?  Do I need to? What about a registry? We'll probably want pictures of our wedding, so I should find a photographer.  And we'll want music, so......I should do something about that, too.

I started a checklist on theknot.com, and according to that, I should send out the wedding invitations three months in advance. Three months?? Since when is that the norm?  I always thought it was three to 4 weeks....did something change?

Also, according to that checklist, I have 140 things left to do.

Gulp.